JulieM

Rick Yancey
Peter Clines
The Light Between Oceans: A Novel
M.L. Stedman
The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do To Get More of It
Kelly McGonigal
Louise Erdrich
Love Medicine: Newly Revised Edition
Louise Erdrich

Flight Behavior: A Novel

Flight Behavior - Barbara Kingsolver This is an AMAZING book! I find myself recommending it to customers, friends, and strangers. Set in rural Appalachia, a small farming town becomes the center of attention when the migrating monarch butterflies settle in the local mountains instead of their usual destination in Mexico. The strange phenomena is attributed to global warming which has already wreaked havoc on this rural land, causing mud slides and lost crops due to unseasonal rain. But more than a novel about climate change, this is a story about human behavior and the state of denial we enter when faced with devastating news. The audiobook is narrated by the author - usually not a good situation, but Ms. Kingsolver does an amazing job with accents and distinct character voices. Read this book! I could recommend it until the cows come home ... or the butterflies migrate back to Mexico. Excellent!