JulieM

Rick Yancey
Peter Clines
The Light Between Oceans: A Novel
M.L. Stedman
The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do To Get More of It
Kelly McGonigal
Love Medicine
Louise Erdrich
Love Medicine: Newly Revised Edition
Louise Erdrich

Ranger's Apprentice: Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, Book 7)

Erak's Ransom - John Flanagan I love this series! Although this is the 7th book in the series, it is only the 3rd one I've been able to complete. I listen to these with my 11 year old son and once he gets hooked he brings the book with him everywhere and finishes it without me. There were parts of this book when I was tempted to listen ahead, so I can understand the temptation.The series is a medieval adventure focusing on a group of warriors who protect the kingdom of Araluen. Will, the Ranger's Apprentice, is a teenage boy on the brink of completing his apprenticeship as a Ranger. He is part of a small party sent to a desert kingdom to offer ransom for a captured king. But their plans are interrupted when violent sandstorms erupt and a warring nomadic tribe appears. Adventure and story telling at its best! One of the thing I love about this series is that not only does it have a page turning (track forwarding??) plot, but the characters are well drawn. In this book, Will worries about his promotion to a Ranger. Will he live up to everyone's expectations? How can he appear brave and confident when he is uncertain and scared inside? These are perfect books for teens and pre-teens. But, I have to say that I love these books and I am not alone. It is one of the more popular series that suits children and adults.